Sunday, December 28, 2008

On The Road Again ...


I'll pass this place today if I go home to St. Augustine the Hawthorne way. I hate to see these old places go to pieces. This one just barely missed getting flattened when they widened the highway a few years ago.
It seems pretty vacant now, but not so long ago, before the highway widening, the place was alive and had plants for sale as I recall.
I'm not sure what will happen to it, but I have my doubts about it's survival.
Anyway, ... obligations to family and friends pull me to St. Augustine yet again, but I'm leaving with time to poke around so who knows what I'll bring back to share with you?
Have an excellent Sunday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't suppose it has some historical or architectural significance that could get the preservationists to rescue it, eh?

tsiya said...

It's a mess over here, bumper to bumper traffic. I'm gonna hide in my swamp!

Anonymous said...

FC-
Should we maybe reconsider the Cypress home and just buy this lil fixer-uper? Nah, I didn't think so either. Hope you and your family had a nice Christmas! Tell all hello from us.
Thunder and Lightnin

R.Powers said...

Pablo,
Don't know about it's history, but in tight times it will probably take someone with deep pockets who needs a hobby.

Tsiya,
Dang! You weren't kidding! Downtown was crazy last night ... don't these tourists know about the recession?
Glad they are dropping their money off here tho!

T and L,
We did. Yes, I understand your desire to start fresh.
Sent T a picture message yesterday.