Saturday, March 10, 2012

Datil Pepper Seeds For You!

UPDATE: AUGUST 19, 2012
THE DATIL PEPPER HARVEST HERE AT PURE FLORIDA IS COMING ON STRONG AND I ALREADY HAVE HUNDREDS OF SEEDS CLEANED, DRIED, AND READY TO GO, WITH PLENTY MORE TO COME.

THE PRICE AND ORDERING INFORMATION BELOW REMAINS THE SAME.

TIME TO GET YOUR DATIL ON!

(Note: The post below was originally published in March of 2012, but the info is good!)

Yes, I still have them.

My plants are up and sporting their second set of true leaves. Soon, I will take them from the starting flat and pot them individually. In another week, the chance of a frost becomes almost nil here in North Florida, so this first batch can move completely outside around March 15th.

I will probably start a second round of seeds as insurance ... 'cause you never know.

If you found this site looking for heirloom datil pepper seeds, you came to the right place.
If you are a regular PF reader, please bear with me while I go all capitalist on ya.

Seed searchers, the seeds you see are what I have left. It is March 10, 2012, so time to start those seeds for those of you stuck north of the Saint Marys River.

$5.00 gets you two recipes and I toss in 20+ datil pepper seeds so you can grow your own.
You can mail your hard earned cash to:

FC
3150 NW 50th Ave
Chiefland, FL 32626


Or, if you want to skip snail mail all together, you can use PayPal.
My email address, natcoast@msn.com is my PayPal account also.

Shoot me an email if you use PayPal so I know where to send the datil seeds.

Thank you for your interest in a true Pure Florida pepper, the datil.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi FC,

The state is sooo cool!

Patio

Miz S said...

I hate it when they close little post offices. Off topic, I know, but still.

R.Powers said...

Hi Patio! Sorry I never got back to you about the aquarium stuff... I went through a busy stretch with little time to post or email in a timely manner. Glad you like seedy Florida!

Mix S,
I'm the son of a son of a mailman (both my grandfather and my dad were career postal workers). So, this is heresy in my family, but I think the USPS has served its purpose and this is one area that truly could be done better by the private sector.
You are never off topic here :)

Thunder said...

I think we'll take you up on the offer next season since we'll be traveling some this year!

Anonymous said...

Love that state of Florida in seeds. Well done!

Anonymous said...

Hi FC,

No problem. Let me know if you want them.

I see where I live! Eight seeds down, three in from the right.

Heehee

P

R.Powers said...

Dave,
You can do great things with them.

Robin,
Thanks! I had fun with it.

Patio,
I think I see you waving.

Island Rider said...

We are fighting to keep our post office open. So, far have been successful, but it is just a matter of time.