Monday, May 04, 2015

FL ROC OBSTACLE RUN MAY 2015 ... "Not this time RINGS, NOT this time ..."



This year's FL ROC team: Me, Emma, Raymie

I had such a good time with my babies.

Last year, when I got to the rings obstacle during the FL ROC mud run, I accidentally turned my GoPro camera OFF instead of  ON.
So of course I did them flawlessly... there's just no evidence of that.
Frustrating.

The rings have proven to be my nemesis on mudruns, defeating me about 50% of the time. 
This drives me bonkers, because I can defeat the worst obstacles on the course and then have my butt handed to me by a half dozen dangling circles.

You see, the rings aren't just about strength, they are about technique ... swinging technique.
This year,as we jogged up to the rings,  I double checked the GoPro for the little red light that says, "Go ahead, do something, I'm watching".

It was on.

This year I have proof that I can swing like a Bonobo.

Check out the mid-swing thumbs up near the last ring.
Also, take a look at how Raymie tosses technique to the wind and uses his super-human strength to just power through the rings...mostly without swinging.

What a fun day and an awesome course.


7 comments:

Julie Zickefoose said...

I love that you still call your grown kids your babies. That happens here, too, even though both of them tower over me.
Raymie is a beast. The double-arm pull-up is optional, right? Egad. I mean, how...
Also...BioAnthro major notes the phrase "swing like a bonobo" might be misinterpreted in some circles. Just sayin'.
A highly entertaining post and humbling video. Add one more thing to Things Zick Could Never, Ever Do.

R.Powers said...

Holy Smokes!
I totally forgot about the Bonobos' social habits... too funny.
I should have said "...like Johnny Weismuller."

LaDivaCucina said...

Well done, FC!! I always feel like I want to do these courses but a sprain or injury would mean no work, no work = no money! I'd be in the water too, my legs are strong but I can't swing like a monkey, I'd hang like a wet rag doll! But it was fun to watch you guys! Fun!

Pablo said...

They say that youth is wasted on the young, but it looks like that boy of yours is using every moment of his youth to the fullest!

Great video, as always. Thanx.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Whoops, that's my deleted commented. Sorry about that. Here's what I tried to post:
"Swing like a Bonobo"- I love primate talk! Great swinging and grand video.

Unknown said...

Ocean residences & management, Inc. is the most important unbiased provider to hire your vacation. Real Estate nsb