Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

White Pelicans Refuse To Leave ... "HELL NO, WE WON'T GO!"

Most of the huge flocks of white pelicans that spend the winter around Cedar Key left a long time ago, but at least one group has stayed for the summer .

With fall approaching, it looks like they are going to qualify as year round residents, instead of snow birds.
I find that interesting, because it seemed that the scaup stayed here very late this year also.

They are just a few of the sights and puzzles seen from the bridges as I come and go.

2 comments:

  1. That is really interesting. Makes me wonder how many birds are changing their behaviors these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously not the same pelicans I saw by the hundreds in Missouri over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.