Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy Independence Day!

I couldn't post for a day (torture!) due to a short trip to the nation's oldest city to see the folks for the 4th. Mom and Dad aren't really into this whole computer/internet fad, they only got air-conditioning a few years ago and I think they still have a rotary phone in their bedroom. So I was incommunicado for a while.
What the folks do have is a fanatical love of bird feeding-watching and their yard is alive with cardinals, red-bellied woodpeckers, titmouse, dove, bluejays, hummingbirds, and some truly corpulent squirrels. We sat out on the porch this morning chatting and watching the birds. I got some photos, but since I still use film, that posting will have to wait for a day. I know digital is the way to go, but I bought a pretty nice Nikon 35mm about 2 years ago when quality digital cameras were very high-priced. I'm really not a Luddite. Happy 4th!

3 comments:

kevin said...

What a coincedence, I was in the nation's oldest city for the forth, also.

Tell your parents I said hello.

Floridacracker said...

10-4. It was a quickie or I would have given you a call. Hope your fourth was good.

thingfish23 said...

You just rattled off the typical avian fauna in our backyard as well! Right now, the riot of cardinals keep us on our toes. Sometimes there are about seven or eight of them at a time (two broods, from two parents). They are just now starting to get sort of nasty with each other. It used to be that the kids got along. The parents have always despised one another, though.

That'll all change when winter rolls around. Then they'll pick back up pon the Hatfields and McCoys routine in spring.