Sunday, January 29, 2006

My First Apartment


bach
p
a
d









The light green house across the water is the site of my first apartment. If you look up to the top of the house and the shed dormer...that was my place. The old house was divided into 3 apartments. Downstairs was the absentee (yankee) owner's, in the middle was a spacious rental, and at the top of a steep narrow attic stairway was my firetrap.

In the summer, the window unit rattled on hopelessly trying to cool the uninsulated one room apartment. Yes, one open room with a shower stall painted green. (Okay...I did that)

In the winter, cold air blasted throught the gaps around the windows, even after I taped plastic around them.

At night, when the television was the only light on...male termites would swarm to the tv.

It cost $125 a month and I loved it. Posted by Picasa

No comments: