Tuesday, August 04, 2009

I Don't Think I Pompano Posted

Scanning my titles, I don't think I ever posted this short clip of hundreds of pompano in an aquaculture tank down at Harbor Branch.

Earlier this summer, I did post about these fish with some still pics and commented that the video wasn't uploading at the time.

It's dark because the dim light keeps the fish calm. They are going nuts because usually, when someone appears on the platform where I was standing , it means it's feeding time.

These pompano were spawned and raised at HBOI and were getting close to harvest size, apparently they grow super fast and I think these marine fish were being raised in fresh water.

If pompano are a new fish to you, go here to learn more about them.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are they good eating, FC?

R.Powers said...

Wren,
They are exquisite by most seafood lovers vote.

kathy a. said...

well, they were sure glad to see you.

Anonymous said...

My ex LOVED pompano. He used to order it at The Yearling many, many years ago.

Anonymous said...

Last comment by Patti...forgot to sign!

R.Powers said...

Kathy A,
I am the fish whisperer.

Patti,
They are a really high value fish at the market or the restaurant. I still prefer fresh flounder or beach caught whiting.

Thunder said...

I like 'em grilled with fresh herbs, lime juice, salt, and pepper!