Wednesday, June 22, 2005

It's True...A Boat Really Is A Hole In The Water That You Pour Money Into...

Boats. You gotta love 'em. If they weren't so fun when they're working, we would never put up with the maintenance and money they require when they're not. I'm hoping to take mine for a "shake down" cruise tomorrow after a long dry dock spell. I spent this afternoon fixing this and adjusting that. I finished just before the daily afternoon thundershower. We are in such a traditional summer rain pattern this year. I'll have to hit the water early to avoid the almost guaranteed pm rain. I will take the camera.
I couldn't work on the boat this morning due to a training drill with our county CERT. CERT is a great way to get involved in helping during emergencies (if your county is participating). Last year we helped out during the hurricane relief efforts and we've assisted in a few search and rescues.
On the nature front, I was doing a little digging and turned up a Spadefoot Toad. Spadefoots are subterranean critters and live a different life from our common toads. You might live your whole life and never come across a spadefoot, while the common toads are ...well, common.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what BOAT stands for? Break Out Another Thousand.

Boats are a hole in the water, lined with wood or fiberglass, that you throw money in.

I've loved and hated everyone I've ever had.

R.Powers said...

Break Out Another Thousand! I love it, how is it I never heard that one before? Oh wait, I was probably busy WORKING ON MY BOAT!
Lucky me, I got to rewire the whole trailer today instead of putting the boat in for a morning test run. More on that tomorrow...