Well, it was all too much like the lifestyle around here for me to refuse the invite.
Since long time readers know so much about my quirks through my daily postings, I will attempt to drag up ten random, trivial things that I have never mentioned because they are:
A. About me alone and not related to any tale or adventure.
B. Mostly boring trivia.
C. Both A and B are correct.
So, Ten Random Things about me are:
1) I'm named (first name) after my beloved Yankee grandfather. He was a sweet man who smoked Swisher Sweets and the sight or smell of them brings him back to me instantly.
2) My middle name is shared by my son, my dad, and my southern grandfather. It's very Floridian, very unusual, and all due to the day upon which my grandfather was born in St. Augustine, in 1907.
3) I can still wear my high school blue jeans, but I've switched allegiance from Levi's to Wranglers ... and if I'm completely honest, a pair of 34's is a lot more comfortable than my high school 32's.
4) When I was a teen/young adult, I never thought I would get married, much less have kids. I saw myself as a lifelong bachelor with no ties. It turned out differently and it's pretty sweet.
5) I dated my wife for 6 years, long distance mostly, as I roamed with the National Park Service. Big Cypress, Smoky Mountains, Castillo, Fort Matanzas, Fort Pulaski ... we had huge long distance phone bills ... all before the cell phone era of course.
6) I like pushups and I do them almost daily. I own the "Perfect Pushup" (not a bra by the way) and I give it a thumbs up for making pushups even harder and therefore, better for you.
7) I used to have hair down to my shoulders, and might still if I had as many follicles as I did back then.
8) A six pack of beer lasts me approximately 3 or 4 weeks ... one ... maybe two per weekend.
9) When the kids were little, I picked up one of their McDonald's happy meal toys in the yard and was amazed at it's cleverness. I think it was a french fry pack that turned into a little plane or something. I started collecting Kids/Happy meal toys ... even ordering kids meals for myself. I don't get many new ones these days, but up in the attic is a huge rubbermaid tub full of happy meal toys ... most of them still in the bag.
10) I worked as security on a Peter Bogdonavitch production back in the '80's. It was a movie called, " Illegally Yours" starring Rob Lowe and Kenneth Mars. It was filmed mostly in the Castillo de San Marcos in St. Augustine. Since I was a law enforcement Ranger and had worked their before, the NPS sent me back for a special deployment. It was pretty fascinating to watch the daily workings of a movie production. The movie was a huge flop.
Bonus trivia: I hate, hate, hate daylight savings time.
Okay, WAKE UP! ... IT'S OVER!
A few other nonmoi things:
We received 6 inches of rain during Friday's amazing weather. The real pond has a foot of water covering 2/3's of the bottom area. I'm expecting major tadpole action soon.
The garden pond filled with rainwater almost to the top and the spadefoot toads responded by diving in. I pulled 3 out yesterday.
It is 28 degrees here this morning. An oak fire is crackling behind me as I type.
The garden pond wiring is in and the trench refilled.
My lettuce, carrots, and turnip greens are about 3 inches tall. Today the first tomato plant goes in the ground.
The blueberry bushes are loaded with blossoms and even green fruit.