It is Sunday, right?
The last few days have been a blur and now with Christmas break stretching out in front of me, I'm sure to lose track of what day it is.
I haven't pushed the on button of my camera for days and I'm feeling the pain. Perhaps today I can find something to share with you.
Lucky for me, Pure Florida commenter Patti sent me a beautiful photo she took when she stayed at the same beach area I posted about last week.
So while I try and "get out there" some today, here's a few tidbits of data ...
- Dad is doing okay. Thanks for the kind words.
- Mom is doing okay too. Thanks for thinking of her too.
- My garden has lettuce, snow peas, and hopefully carrots and spinach.
- The deer fencing is working, which is why the statement above is true.
- The pig still has no name, but she is doing fine.
- Bear has been remarkably good about the Christmas decorations. Right now I can hear him shredding a huge palm frond on the front porch.
- The whiting are biting on the beach in St. Augustine and I may just take my wetsuit and fishing rod when I go over to help with Dad this week ... all work and no play ...
- I sanded the hallway pine floors last week and today while everyone is scattered to the 4 corners, I am going to stain it. I may put the first coat of poly on it tonight at bedtime.
- I have not FINISHED Christmas shopping.
- My brother and his sweetheart (who is NOT imaginary as I once feared) are travelling to her home state of Missouri this week. The were going to cancel after Dad fell, but we told them we'd take the first shift. Being the local son, he's going to catch most of the work when he gets back anyway.
- By the way, they took enough fresh picked citrus to feed everyone in Missouri, so if you live in that fabled land, be sure to stop by and get your tangerine.
- I forgot to mention that the robins have been back for weeks now.
Now, I have some grits to eat and work to do.