I was still basking in the glory of coming in second, when Chef Troll tossed out another challenge ... one involving "Drunk Food". This translates into the kind of food you might nibble on at a bar, after being at a bar, or even hangover food for the next morning.
I'm not much of a drinker ... a beer or two on the weekend with something spicy is about all I do these days, so I thought I would sit this one out.
Then, inspiration hit when I least wanted it to, ... so here we go.
Here's my token beautiful girl in the background. That's my daughter Katie breading some chicken gizzards.
We were frying wings for a family gathering, when it hit me to poke around in the fridge and seek out other fryable snackin' foods ... the kind of thing you might munch on with a pitcher of beer on the table.
We came up with this little assortment.
From left to right ...
- Fried fresh mushrooms
- Naked wings
- Naked fried pork chunks marinated first in lime juice and spices.
- Breaded pork chunks also marinated as above.
- Two different wing sauced wings ... Texas Pete's vs. Frank's
- Slow smoked BBQ ribs ... not fried of course
- Breaded and fried chicken gizzards.
- Accompanied by good American beer, ranch and blue cheese dressings, and the usual cast of veggies.
Yes, they are huge.
Coincidental, on the same weekend, the recipe for these came in on the cover wrapper of the Southern Living magazine .
I think they were called "Brownie Pillows" or something like that ... and you know how SOME partiers get the munchies for something sweet after they get silly, so we had to make these also.
They look like just a humongous chocolate chip cookie, but inside there's ...
... a brownie!
Party on Dudes and Dudettes!