I have a raging cold and was feeling pretty crumby so I parked myself at a table next to some kind of Tiki Bar and sent the boys off to "do their thing" amid the Blizzard Beach throng.
"Have fun, stay together, check in when you get hungry" Off they went.
I was situated at the main entrance to the "wave" lagoon and had a great view of the fake beach, fake rocks, and fake surf. The people were real though and they were fun to watch. A few observations tinged with opinion...
1) Tattoo artists must be making a fortune.
2) Tattos don't age well.
3) A tattoo on your 6 year old daughter? Why does that bother me?
4) Smoking is still way too common. I know older folks got addicted before all the anti-smoking info, but what are these younger smokers thinking?
5) People on cell phones forget they are out in public. I got an earful from nearby tables.
6) If you're not in the Olympics, maybe a speedo bathing suit isn't the best choice.
7) Plastic surgeons must be almost as busy as the tattoo artists.
8) Kids are the same in any language. The whines, laughs, and giggles translate clearly.
9) Body piercers must be pretty busy too.
10) Parents of young children on vacation are like pack mules. No matter the nationality, all were weighed down with gear.
All things considered, it wasn't a bad day, the birthday boy and his buds had a good time and I got out of my comfort zone for a day.
We need to do that from time to time...