Sunday, September 11, 2005

I Want To Stay Angry.

Anyone who visits Pure Florida knows I avoid politics and religion here. We can agree on our love of nature and rural things and agree to disagree on other things. Both of those first two subjects seem so "our team vs. your team" and I find that a sad commentary on where we are...

September 11, 2001 is not a political event to me. I see it very clearly and simply. A group of "men" chose to kill thousands of Americans regardless of race, creed, religion, and most despicably...age.

I don't want time to soften my anger or sense of loss. This is a difficult thing, as time does heal wounds. I want this one open. Each time it starts to heal, I close my eyes and imagine being a parent on board one of those planes with my small child beside me...knowing in those last moments that there was nothing I could do. I can imagine nothing more horrible.

I am angry. I plan to stay that way.

I owe them that.