It was not good. The catfish and bream are confined to a small area and the deepest spot seems to be 4 feet or so. They were hungry though, so I sat on the edge of the dock and tossed food pellets to their hungry splashes.
It was a beautiful evening. The heat of the day had passed. A breeze, cooler than any all day, was drifting east to west. I was tired from a long day and I was full from too much fried chicken. I laid back on the dock and stared up at the sky. My eyes shut, but I was not asleep, just resting them.
- A distant neighbor playing Islands In The Stream too loud for a few moments, then it was gone. Thank you.
- The wind in the willows...really it was.
- Feather beside me panting.
- An airliner higher than Mount Everest, yet the sound arrived.
- The splash of the fish below me.
- Bullfrog song.
- Wren fussing.
- LGB's twittering.
- Buzz of a gnat in my ear.
- Grass and sedges swishing.
- Dove wings whistling.
- Feather's sigh.
- Cry of the nesting Coopers Hawk to the south.
Not sure about that last sound, but it stopped when I woke up.