Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The Little Mermaid At Nineteen


















Happy Birthday ...
... first baby
... soft heart
... nose breaker
... finger breaker
... heart breaker (too many to count)
... car breaker (almost too many to count)
... deer slayer (see above)
... pig raiser
... Law and Order fanatic
... soccer striker (feared)
... parrothead (I'm so proud)
... ocean lover (ditto)
... laundry slave (none today!)
... snorer (hey, be glad that's the only noise I mentioned)
... college student
... scholarship winner (thanks!)
... self-portrait taker (heehee)
... CD stealer (Where's my Jewel, Steppenwolf, Sting...)
... Animal Planet junkie (Jeff Corwin really is cool)
... blood donor (good girl)
... church lady
... clutter collector (repeat: It's OK to throw away)
... adventurer (thanks partner)
... Gator fan (okay, your Mom thanks you for this)
... brother tormenter
... sister tormenter
... artist
... chocolate stealer (quit eating my extra dark)
... fab 5 member (good choices there)
... wise friend picker
... dog lover (they love you too)
... new parent trainer (thanks!)
... ice cream for breakfast eater
... daughter.

Katie-Bug is 19 today !


















(Above: Kate and her Gramps at Thanksgiving)

She may be 19, but she'll always be the tiny little thing sitting on the couch screaming " NO, NO, NO, NO, ...!!!" at the shark chasing Ariel ... each and every time (10,000 at least) that she watched Disney's Little Mermaid.

I can't help it.

It's a Dad thing.

Happy Birthday Sweet Katie!

Posted by Picasa

25 comments:

Lightnin said...

Please pass on our Birthday wishes to Katie!

Anonymous said...

Hippo Birdie two ewes, Katie!

Anonymous said...

For some reason I can't help comparing the picture of Kate to that odd fellow in the previous post. Are they related? Nah, couldn't be. Could they?

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Katie,19 WOW we need to slow the time machine down

pissed off patricia said...

And she is absolutely beautiful too. With a dad like you, I bet she's going to have a wonderful birthday.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to a girl who sounds very, very special!

Deb said...

Happy birthday! Oh, to be 19 again...

Anonymous said...

Nice Idea, I think I will have to do the same on my blog

Anonymous said...

You sure make beautiful kids, FC! I love the "list", especially the little truths in brackets ;) Adorable.

But tell me now, and be honest - how quickly did it pass?

robin andrea said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet Katie. She is definitely a beauty inside and out!

Anonymous said...

I was doing the same thing as Mark up there. 8-] She really is a beautiful young lady!

Happy Birthday, Katie!

benning said...

Awwwww! Sweet wishes.

Happy Birthday, Little Girl!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday, katie!

don't mind your dad. when i moved away to college, my dad was out in the dorm hallway, telling all the other parents about the cute time i mistook his ancient typewriter for my potty. heh. i guess the other parents found that amusing.

Thunder said...

Hey be sure to wish Katie a happy birthday form me too!

Oh and by the way, other than a few grey hairs you haven't changed much from that old photo! ;-)

I'm back, but about 6 weeks behind here at work, so I'll try to stop by when I can!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great one!

R.Powers said...

Lightnin,
Will do.

Swampy,
Thanky.

Mark,
The miracle of the genetic crap shoot.

Rick,
It seems to be stuck on fast forward!

POPatricia,
Too kind. We did have a nice family dinner out and then gifts and a roasting of the guest of honor. She's a good sport.

ThreeCollie,
Oh she's special all right... we tell her that often ;)

Deb,
I know ... she is now the age her mom was when I met her.

Jake,
Okay, but you'll have to use your own kid :)

Mrs. S,
DO NOT BLINK.

Robin,
Thanks, we like her alot.

SophieMae,
Nature is full of unexplained miracles :)

Benning,
Thanks!

Kathy A,
Yeah, I know, I still hear about the "cute" things I did when I go home to Mom and Dad's.
A typewriter for a potty huh?

ThunderDave,
I'll tell her. How was Pensacola?

Paintsmh,
Welcome!
I think she did!

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Katie still has that same cute face from the little mermaid picture to her picture with grandpa. A very beautiful and smart (from your list) daughter.

Happy Birthday Katie!

R.Powers said...

Sandy,
And it was a completely unbiased list too :)
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

19... ohhh. Bet it seems like just yesterday that she was watching those Ariel movies. I'm late to post, but hopefully not too late to wish her a Happy Birthday! She is so beautiful! What a funny list, and a great idea too.

R.Powers said...

Laura,
It seems like yesterday and it will seem like tomorrow too, as her sister bought her the new DVD reissue of The Little Mermaid.

I think we'll all be humming "Kiss De Girl" for a few days.
:)

Anonymous said...

I wonder if that feeling ever wears off- that this is your baby? This is a delightful list of wonderful attributes. It's no wonder you are both thankful and proud!

Happy Birthday to this lovely young woman.

R.Powers said...

Vicki,
My belief and my hope is that it doesn't :)
Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a cutie and what a nice tribute by Dad. We parents certainly do treasure our little darlins' don't we, through thick and thin!

R.Powers said...

MoMadness,
We sure do!

Rurality said...

Awww. What a nice Dad you are.