The bright-eyed fellow above is "Max". He is the new pet of daughter Katie and her sweetheart, Conner.
Officially Max belongs to Conner.
Yeah ... right.
Max is a rescue dog and shows every sign of being a great dog ... in a nonLabrador context. He and Bear get along great and they had lots of real quality play time over the Thanksgiving holiday.
The other introduction I need to make is "Harley".
Harley is one of those tiny goldfish that fairs give away as prizes.
Harley came to me in a weird bit of serendipity ... and you know how I love Sara.
Remember the post about Junior's ditch stuckage due to deer? I would not have Harley if not for that event.
It went like this ...
- Jr drives into ditch.
- I pull him out and he drives to school.
- But, his tire goes flat.
- In the afternoon, I take the tire off and go to Walmart.
- They fix the tire.
- That evening I head back to school to change the tire so Junior can drive home after basketball practice.
- FFA is having their annual Fall Festival that night on the other side of campus.
- I arrive at school and begin changing the tire in the dark.
- As I am crouched down working the jack, I hear angry voices.
- I listen.
- A fight is about to happen and they don't know I am there due to my position.
- I curse to myself, shouldn't even be here, off duty ....arrrghhh.
- I stand up and walk toward the fight.
- Only it's a small mob scene and it breaks out as I approach.
- I yell to them to stop.
- They don't, and it's like MMA with vicious blows being thrown.
- I pull out the cell phone and announce to everyone that I am calling 911 and will see that they are arrested.
- "Friends" start trying to separate the fighters.
- 911 answers and I tell them what's going on.
- The deputy arrives immediately as she was already at the fair.
- I give her the lowdown, she deals with the fighters.
- I go back to finish changing my tire.
- A girl named Harley and her boyfriend walk over to talk.
- Harley says she won this goldfish and doesn't know what to do with it.
- Harley the fish comes home with me.