Why, Yes, I AM an example of superior camouflage.
Had I not moved, you would have walked right by me.
Fence lizards are wonderful, wonderful critters who are so confident in their disruptive coloration that they tend to sit still and pose in the most cooperative ways.
This one was out at Dave and Tami's home site on a visit about a month ago.
Let me do some catch up since I last posted on Monday ... ack! That's horrible. I thought this first empty nester year would be a year of plenty of time to post, but alas ... I am setting some kind of PF record for spotty posts lately.
Catch'n up ...
- Thank you for the prawn disaster comments. Unfazed, I am ordering more prawn larvae.
- Bear is spectacular and silly. I gave him a bath last night and a Bear hug is now the usual warm, soft, experience with the added scents of cocanut and verbena creme rinse.
- I painted the porch floor boards a brick red this week and rebuilt the front steps. Our little brown house is now red, white, and blue.
- We picked the last datil peppers yesterday, a full mixing bowl that will become datil sauce, datil vinegar, and I am thinking of experimenting with a datil version of Tabasco. This will involve datils, vinegar, and salt curing in the fridge for a long time. We'll see.
- There is rumor of a chicken pilau in the kitchen.
- P90X is still rocking FC's willing, yet mature body. I am extending the current 3 week segment one extra week to make up for failing to truly "BRING IT!" on two nights last week.
- I have already started Christmas shopping ... thank you Amazon for freeing me from the mall.
- I think I get to go to the movies tonight ... God, I love movie popcorn ... salt yes, buttergoo no.
- I have a care package of datilly delight ready for a certain person with too many homes, the most recent one with a great alpine view and bear naked neighbors. I just have to find the 15 minutes a day that THE US POSTAL SERVICE ACTUALLY OPENS IT'S OFFICES!!!! Gee whiz USPS!
- Thanksgiving is approaching and Mrs. FC is the host this year ... a generational change, since my Mom has always hosted. This year everyone is coming to us so Mom can relax. Apparently we have to CLEAN everything before they get here. Family, we have a Lab, he sheds unimaginable amounts of hair. We will keep it out of the food, but there will be some on the floor ... even if I mopped them as you walked up the steps. Okay?