Friday, July 16, 2010

Fryday Celebration


When I heard that the cap had stopped the oil yesterday, I decided to celebrate with some wild, Florida shrimp.
Yes, I know something could still go wrong, but for now, as I write, no oil has flowed from the pipe for about 16 hours.
Even that is cause for some celebration down here.


Fried Florida shrimp, Selmo salad (search blog for recipe), and homemade datil pepper relish.

No Bear, you can NOT have all my shrimp tails ... I LIKE them too!




Sadly, this is the final meager pickings from my super productive blueberry bushes.
What a crop!
They deserve to rest now and recover from overfruitilization.
Those red things are 'maters ... our blueberries are blue down here.
Have a great Fryday!

7 comments:

Thunder said...

That was awesome news wasn't it!

Sharon Rudd said...

A great reason to celebrate. And looks like you did it up in style!

Deb said...

Looks yummy! I'll take every little bit of good news I can get.

And, unfortunately no homemade Datil pepper sauce for me this year. I had three plants, one of which I inadvertently pinched off while planting, and the remaining two, after looking good for a few days, wilted and died. Maybe nighttime temps in the 40's are too much for them; I still need to build that greenhouse!

Aunty Belle said...

prayin' Florida dodged the bullet.

Nice berries, but how does ya keep the squirrels out of 'em??

kevin said...

Looks like a nice way to celebrate. I hope you are still celebrating next week....

R.Powers said...

Dave,
TOTALLY!

Eggy,
I ate an embarrassingly large number of shrimp.
Today, (Sunday) I am doing my entry for your smackdown!


Deb,
Even here, I had a bunch that just could not take it to the next step after emerging.
I am going to store the seeds more professionally this year.


Aunty,
I think at the very least, tar will show up in southwest and east Florida.
I am hoping (selfishly) that our big bend sits back far enough from the spill and the loop to escape getting oiled.
Squirrel populations respond well to Daisy and Crossman.


Kevin,
I hear ya.
No chicken counting yet.

Miz S said...

Good news indeed. Keeping our fingers crossed for no more oil. Have a good week in Gainesville!