Wednesday, October 24, 2012

FOUND: REAL BLOGGERS

Every once in awhile, blogging turns from electrons on the internet to actual matter.
I've met some really neat people since I started Pure Florida and it happened again this weekend.
When you meet someone whose blog you read or someone who comments as a regular on your blog, or a combination of the two, it always seems like you've known each other for a long time ... even though that moment is the first time you have actually seen each other.

It's a neat experience and one unique to this point in history.

At the Cedar Key Seafood Festival, I finally got to meet Annie (Edifice Rex) and her husband, Jack. I've been reading Annie's blog for years and have always been amazed by this woman who writes about everything from welding beams together on a construction crew to throwing beautiful pottery creations in her studio ... in the house that SHE built.

Annie cracked me up when she announced, "I thought you'd be taller."
I'm so average... just sound taller on the web.


As luck would have it, everytime Jack and Annie wandered back by my clam chowder booth, I was busy slinging cups of chowder, but I did get to pop out and visit for a few minutes.
Annie and Jack are on their honeymoon.
It was awesome to meet them.

Left to right: Tricia, Julie, Annie, Jack

At the festival, I also got to meet Tricia (Myamuhnative) and her sister Julie.  Tricia has been a regular commenter on Pure Florida for a long time, so it was great to finally see  Myamuhnative in real life.

I think they had a great time visiting Cedar Key and the Seafood Festival. I wish I could have been free to visit with them more, but the chowder sales had me pinned down.

Ain't that always the way.

Good day though, a very good day.

8 comments:

MamaHen said...

Honey, you are never average..! lol! leave it to me to immediately stick my foot in my mouth upon meeting someone! I guess your adventures here always make you seem "larger". lol! It IS a neat experience, as you say, to finally see someone in person that you have known for so long. I guess it's been about 6 years that we have talked via this cyber world. We had a great time that day with Tricia and Julie and wish we could have stayed longer. Cedar Key is a sweet little town. Who knows, maybe I'll check out that art festival one spring and see if I can make some money there! Glad you raised a good bit of money too!

Florida Villas in Orlando said...

I love it when bloggers and readers get the chance to meet! Just one of the many reasons that social media is helping to bring us all a little closer together.

Best wishes, Alex.

threecollie said...

That is majorly cool! So far I have met three fellow bloggers and found them even more delightful in real life than on the web. Sounds like a great time. Sorry I missed the chowder.

Myamuhnative said...

FC, we were thrilled to meet you and Mrs FC and hope we get to see you all again soon.
I'm already plotting to get Annie and Jack back to Florida, so we'll make sure to include you in our adventures!
For all of you out there on the interwebs who haven't had the luxury of tasting FC's famous chowder, I suggest you start making plans for a trip to Cedar Key next year- The chowder is THAT good.

Bill said...

I know, right? Every time I try to sell chowder, people wander by that I'd like to talk to. Go figure.

Would you believe that Google's spell checker wants me to turn "every time" into "everytime"? But now that I've typed it that way, it shows it as improper spelng. The perils of technology.

But I digress, as usual...

Bill

Deb said...

Wish I could have been there- seafood AND fellow bloggers!

Florida Native Mom said...

I have met a few fellow bloggers. It's always fun!

Julie Zickefoose said...

What a treat to see edifice rex and myamuhnative! Annie, don't feel bad...when I first saw FloridaCracker, I squealed like a little girl and said, "Look how CUTE you are!!" I still laugh sheepishly when I think of that moment, and wonder what FC thinks when he remembers it...derr, blush.

Meeting brick-and-mortar bloggers is the bomb. Even when you're serving chowder. Drooling up here in Seafood Free Ohio.

JZ